Handcrafted In Britain | Fully Assembled | Your Own Expert Project Manager | Nationwide Delivery | 15 Year Guarantee | Established for 10 Years
Heres a wonderful children’s craft project to make at home. Let your children design and hang their own bird feeder which can be simply made from an empty milk carton.
They will make some new bird friends very happy and be able to watch the different bird’s come to feed from their beautiful bird feeder they have created.
List Of Materials
Craft paint: yellow, blue or green colour
White primer or white paint for plastic
A marker pen
Hot glue gun
Twine, yarn or string
For The Decoration
Popsicle sticks in bright colours
Plastic drinking straws
Coloured buttons different sizes
Craft stickers different shapes and colours
1. Paint the empty milk carton with white primer or white spray paint for plastic and leave to dry
2. With a pencil draw the shape of the door and window, making sure there is enough room left at the bottom of the milk carton to hold the bird seed, then cut out the door and window with a craft knife or scissors
3. Paint the milk carton in a bright craft paint colour of your choice and leave to dry
4. Time to be creative and decorate by adding brightly coloured popsicle sticks for a fence, use the brightly coloured different sticker shapes to create window shapes and different patterns, use the marker pen to draw lines and features
5. At the top of the milk carton make two holes to attach the twin, yarn or stringso it can hang. Ad a hole below the window for the perch dowel then add another hole at the back of the milk carton for the dowel to go through to stabilize it
6. From the front hole push the dowel through to the back hole
7. With a piece of twine, yarn or string thread through the top two holes for hanging and secure tie a knot
8. Add the bird seed inside the bottom of the feeder
9. Hand the feeder in a place where the birds can reach where you can sit and watch them feed.