Handcrafted In Britain | Fully Assembled | Your Own Expert Project Manager | Nationwide Delivery | 15 Year Guarantee | Established for 10 Years
The sky is dark, the air is cold and the scene is set, the bonfire has just been lit, and family and friends gather round enjoying the warmth of the fire.
Lets celebrate Guy Fawkes night, the 5 th November and make these delicious salted caramel brownies, a perfect treat to serve and and share around your bonfire, a sure winner to make everyone smile.
Serves 12 brownies
For salted caramel filling
150g granulated sugar
Pinch of salt
125ml double cream
10g salted butter, softened
For the brownies
180g plain flour
3 tbsp cocoa powder
1/4 tsp salt
300g dark chocolate
150g unsalted butter
4 free-range eggs
220g light brown sugar
150g caster sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
100g white chocolate
1.Preheat the oven 190C/180CFan/Gas 5 and grease a 32 x 32cm tin and line with parchment.
2.For the caramel, put the sugar in a saucepan and melt over medium heat until a dark brown colour. Remove from the heat and add the salt and half the cream.
3. Add the remaining cream and butter to the mixture.Pour into a jug to cool.
4. For the brownies, sift the flour, cocoa powder and salt into a large bowl.
5. Melt the chocolate and butter in a pan over a medium heat, remove from the heat and leave to cool slightly.
6. Whisk the eggs, the sugar and vanilla extract in a large bowl until thick and pale. Whisk in the chocolate, then fold in the flour mixture.
7. Pour half the batter into the tin and smooth the surface using the spatula. Add a thin layer of the caramel, making sure to leave the edges clean. Add the remaining batter and gently level the top then bake for 25-30 minutes.
8. Melt the white chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a pan of simmering water. Leave to cool slightly, then with a fork, drizzle the white chocolate over the brownies.Leave the chocolate to set before removing from the tin.Cut into 12 brownies.