Handcrafted In Britain | Fully Assembled | Your Own Expert Project Manager | Nationwide Delivery | 15 Year Guarantee | Established for 10 Years
These quick and easy chicken tacos are perfect for the weekend, here is a delicious and tasty chicken tacos recipe to make for family and friends.
400g chicken breast mini fillets, cut into strips 200g low-fat natural yogurt 1/2 lemon, juiced 1 red onion, finely sliced 1 tbsp Cajun seasoning 3 tbsp red wine vinegar 1 tsp sugar 2 tbsp olive oil 3 peppers, sliced garlic clove, sliced 1/2 iceberg lettuce, finely sliced 1 red chilli, finely sliced 8 mini tortilla wraps
1. In a bowl toss the chicken with the lemon juice, 100g low-fat natural yogurt and Cajun seasoning. Season and set aside for 15 minutes. Put the red onion, red wine vinegar, sugar and a pinch of salt in a small bowl and leave to pickle.
2. In a bowl heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a large frying pan on a high heat and fry the peppers for 15 minutes until softened. Stir in the garlic and fry for 2 minutes until lightly golden. Season with pepper and tip out onto a plate.
3. Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in the pan over a high heat and use tongs to transfer the chicken to the pan. Discard any leftovers marinade. Fry the chicken for 10 mins, turning often, until golden and cooked through.
4. Meanwhile, dry fry the tortillas in a seperate frying pan over a high heat for 30 seconds each side until warmed. Wrap in foil to keep warm.
5. Stir the peppers through the chicken and heat through for 1-2 minutes. Put the lettuce, chilli and 100g low-fat natural yogurt in small bowls and serve with chicken and peppers, pickled red onion and tortillas.