Handcrafted In Britain | Fully Assembled | Your Own Expert Project Manager | Nationwide Delivery | 15 Year Guarantee | Established for 10 Years
Creme Brulee a perfect simple and easy sweet desert to make for the cold winter season , with its toasted crackly sugar crisp topping and creamy caramel custard filling is sure to make the whole family smile.
150g Bonne Maman
6 egg yolks
2 tsp vanilla bean paste
2 tbsp cornflour
300ml semi-skimmed milk
5 tbsp golden caster sugar
Mixed berries, to serve
1. Heat the oven to 140C/120C Fan/Gas 1
2. Take 8 x 9 cm round ramekin dishes and put 1 tsp of caramel in the base of each. Arrange on a deep baking tray, spaced out evenly
3. In a jug, whisk together the remaining caramel, the egg yolks, vanilla paste and cornflour
4. In a pan warm the cream and the milk on medium until it starts to boil. Add the egg mixture, whisking continuously; take care not to incorporate too much air
5. Divide the custard between the ramekins. Put the tyray in the middle of the oven. Pour boiling water into the tray to halfway up the sides of the ramekins; dont let any splash into the custard
6. Bake for 55 minutes to 1 hr, until just set. Allow to cool, then chill the ramekins in the fridge for at least 2 hrs or overnight
7. Heat the grill to high. Sprinkle each ramekin with a thin layer of caster sugar, then caramelise under the grill. Allow to cool, then serve within 1 hr with the mixed berries on the side.