Handcrafted In Britain | Fully Assembled | Your Own Expert Project Manager | Nationwide Delivery | 15 Year Guarantee | Established for 10 Years
As tonights game between England v Ukraine in Rome fast approaches, here is a sweet treat to make for all your friends and family to enjoy watching the match. Good luck England ! Bring it home x
175 g butter, cut into large pieces
175 g self-raising flour
175 g caster sugar
1/2 tsp baking powder
3 large eggs
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
For the icing:
454 g ready to roll white icing
150 g ready to roll red coloured fondant icing
100 g apricot jam
1. Preheat the oven to 180C/gas mark 5. Line a 12 hole muffin tin with paper cupcake or muffin cases.
2. Put all the cake ingredients into a large bowl and beat with an electric hand whisk or wooden spoon until smooth and evenly mixed. Divide the mixture evenly until smooth and evenly mixed. Divide the mixture evenly between the paper cases.
3. Bake for 20-25 minutes, until the caes are well risen and firm on top. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
4. Once cool , brush a little apricot jam on the top of each cake.
5. Roll out the ready to roll white icing to 5 mm thick. Use a round buscuit cutter to cut a circle a similar size to the cake top from the icing. Press circle on top of cake, gently press into place.
6. Roll out the ready to roll red coloured icing to 5 mm thick. Use a ruler to guide knife and cut strips about 3 mm wide.
7. Brush a thin line of water across the centre of cake, lay on a strip of red icing and trim to fit.
8. Brush water on either side on either side of the red line, at right angles to it, add 2 small strips of red icing on top and trim to fit.