Handcrafted In Britain | Fully Assembled | Your Own Expert Project Manager | Nationwide Delivery | 15 Year Guarantee | Established for 10 Years
As Guy Fawkes night 5th November fast approaches, lets the scene is set, the bonfire is lit, the bright colourful sparkly fireworks shower the open clear inky blue sky, here is a perfect sweet treat Guy Fawkes flapjacks to make for all the family to enjoy around the bonfire.
Makes 16 flapjacks
113g unsalted butter
117g golden syrup
180g porridge oats
Nuts and dried fruit, optional
1. Grease a 9 inch square baking tin and line with parchment paper to ensure the flapjacks are removed easily.
2. Preheat the oven 350*C
3. In a saucepan heat the butter and and golden syrup until the butter is thoroughly melted.
4. Take off the heat and add most of the oats coating them well, and adding the remainder of the oats until equally coated with the melted mixture.
5 Pour the mixture into the prepared baking tin and spread evenly and press with a spatula or knife to ensure the top is level.
6 Bake in the oven for 25 minutes until golden brown.
7. Whilst still warm cut the flapjacks into squares then leave to cool before removing from the baking tin.
8. Optional add nuts and dried fruit to the flapjacks.