Handcrafted In Britain | Fully Assembled | Your Own Expert Project Manager | Nationwide Delivery | 15 Year Guarantee | Established for 10 Years
Here is a simply delicious and easy to make homemade fruit flapjack recipe, perfect for a mid-morning snack or a tasty treat for all the family to enjoy.
175g unsalted butter
175g dark muscovado sugar
225g porridge oats
115g mixed dried fruits: dates, raisins, apricots,cranberries and goji berries
1. Preheat the oven to 190C/375F/Gas Mark 5
2. Line a medium sized baking tin with baking paper
3. Melt the butter, sugar and syrup gently in a saucepan
4. Remove from the heat and pour into the mixing bowl with the porridge oats. Mix thoroughly together with a wooden spoon
5. Add the dried fruits and mix well
6. Spoon the mixture into the prepared medium sized baking tin and press down with the back of a metal spoon, making sure the mixture is evenly distributed
7. Bake for 20-30 minutes until the mixture is golden brown
8. Remove from the oven and leave the flapjack mixture in the tin.Place on a wire rack. Mark out the flapjacks with a sharp knife while the mixture is still hot. The flapjacks will harden as they cool.
9. Leave in the tin until the flapjacks are cold and then store in an airtight container. The flapjacks will keep well for 2-3 days.