Handcrafted In Britain | Fully Assembled | Your Own Expert Project Manager | Nationwide Delivery | 15 Year Guarantee | Established for 10 Years
Now is the perfect time to keep warm and cozy inside this autumn, here is a hug-in-a-bowl classic homemade tomato soup recipe, simple and easy to make from carrots,onions,celery,tomatoes,garlic and vegetable stock packed full of delicious flavours.
2 onions,peeled and chopped
2 carrots,peeled and sliced
2 sticks celery,sliced
2 cloves of garlic,peeled and sliced
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 vegetable stock cubes
2 x 400g tins of tomatoes
6 ripe tomatoes
A pinch of dried mixed herbs
Salt and black pepper, to season
1.5 litres water
1.Peel and slice the carrots, peel and chop the onions, slice the celery sticks, and peel and slice the garlic cloves.
2. In a large pan heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil over a medium heat, add all the prepared ingredients and cook for 10-15 minutes until softened.
3. Crumble the 2 vegetable stock cubes into a jug pour 1.5 litres of boiling water stir until desolved.
4.Add the stock to the large pan of vegetables with the tinned tomatoes and fresh tomatoes.
5. Bring to the boil and simmer for 10 -15 minutes with the lid on.
6. Remove from the heat and season with salt, black pepper and a pinch of dried herbs.
7.In a blender pulse the soup until smooth.
8. Serve in a bowl with a crusty slice of fresh bread.