Handcrafted In Britain | Fully Assembled | Your Own Expert Project Manager | Nationwide Delivery | 15 Year Guarantee | Established for 10 Years
Welcome this Autumn with a delicious hearty vegetable soup recipe, so simple and easy to make, perfect for those Autumn cold and chilly days and nights ahead. Perfect to serve with fresh crusty bread.
1 medium onion, chopped
3-4 carrots, chopped
2-3 celery stalks, chopped
2 medium potatoes, peeled and chopped
1/4 cabbage, chopped and shredded
4 oz frozen garden peas
1 15oz tin chopped tomatoes
3 tsp olive oil
2 tsp tomato paste
4 cloves garlic, crushed
2 bay leaves
3/4 tsp ground fennel
1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
2 vegetable stock cubes, crumbled
1/2 tsp ground black pepper
1/2 tsp sea salt
1 1/2 pint cold water
1. In a large stockpot heat the olive oil on a medium heat. Add the chopped onion, chopped carrots, chopped celery, and tomato paste. Stiring continiously cook until the vegetables have softened for around 8-10 minutes.
2. Add the fennel, crushed garlic cloves, black pepper, salt and the red pepper flakes cook and stir in for 1 minute.
3. Pour in the 1 1/2 pints of cold water, 1 15oz tin chopped tomatoes and the 2 crumbled vegetable stock cubes.
4. Add the 2 medium chopped pototes, chopped and shredded cabbage and the 2 bay leaves. Turn the heat up and bring the soup to the boil. Partially cover the stockpot with a lid, reduce the heat and maintain a low simmer for 20 minutes until all the vegetables are tender and soft.
5. Add the frozen peas and cook for another 5 minutes.
6. Remove from the heat and remove the bay leaves. Season further if desired with black pepper and sea salt. Serve with fresh crusty bread.