Handcrafted In Britain | Fully Assembled | Your Own Expert Project Manager | Nationwide Delivery | 15 Year Guarantee | Established for 10 Years
For the month of May, here is Mary Berry lemon cupcake recipe so delicious, so light, fluffy, fresh and zesty. The mix is made really simple and easy and uses all-in-one method, where everything goes together in one bowl. Perfect for the children to get involved and bake with you this month.
125g self raising flour
125g caster sugar
1 tsp baking powder
2 tbsp milk
finely grated zest 1 lemon
For the icing
250g icing sugar
lemon juice from 1 lemon
Lemon sprinkles, to decorate
1. Preheat the oven to 180C/ 160c/gas 4.
2. Line a 12 hole muffin tray with paper cases.
3. In a large bowl add the self raising flour, caster sugar, tsp baking powder and mix together.
4. Add the butter and the two eggs, measure in the milk into the large mixing bowl and stir the mixture, then add the zest of the lemon.
5. With a hand blender beat together until smooth and fluffy.
6. Spoon the mixture into the paper cases on the muffin tray.
7. Bake the cupcakes in the middle of the oven for 18-20 minutes. Insert a metal skewer in the middle of the cupcakes to check they are ready.
8. Leave the cupcakes to cool completely on a wire rack.
9. Make the lemon icing in a bowl by adding the icing sugar and softened butter, then with a hand mixer beat until soft and fluffy, then add juice of the lemon.
10. Add the lemon icing to a piping bag fitted with a large star nozzle. Pipe swirls on the top of each cupcake. Add some lemon sprinkles and serve.