Handcrafted In Britain | Fully Assembled | Your Own Expert Project Manager | Nationwide Delivery | 15 Year Guarantee | Established for 10 Years
Lets make a great start to the new year, by making these healthy breakfast bars for all the family to enjoy, delicious and so easy and simple to make. They can be stored in an airtight container for up to five days or the healthy breakfast bars you can store and freeze in individual freezer-safe bags or containers, thaw in the fridge overnight before serving.
Serves 16 squares
How To Make Healthy Breakfast Bars
50g mixed dried fruit like raisins, sultanas and apricots
50g mixed seed
140g multi-grain hoop cereal
100g light muscodado sugar
100g golden sugar
1. With baking parchment grease and line a 20cm a square cake tin
2. In a mixing bowl add the dried fruit, the seeds, oats and cereal and mix together
3. In a saucepan add the butter, sugar and golden syrup. Cook gently stirring with a saptula, until the butter and sugar have melted
4. Remove from the heat and add the dry ingredients into the saucepan. Mix until all the ingredients are coated with the syrup mix.
5. Add the mixture into the baking tin. Use the spatula to press the mixture down evenly. Bake at 160C/140C/gas 3 for 20 minutes. Leave to cool completely before cutting into squares