Handcrafted In Britain | Fully Assembled | Your Own Expert Project Manager | Nationwide Delivery | 15 Year Guarantee | Established for 10 Years
Let the celebrations begin, for our wonderful Queen Elizabeth’s Platinum Jubilee on the 3 rd June 2022, here is a simply delicious trifle recipe, so easy and simple to make at home for all your friends and family to enjoy on this special day.
12 sponge fingers, cut into 1 inch square
250 g fresh raspberries
85 g packet raspberry jelly
250 ml boiling water
250 ml cold water
2 tbsp custard powder
1 tbsp sugar
250 ml milk
125 ml whipping cream
1. In a large bowl or trifle dish layer the sponge squares and raspberries.
2. In a measuring jug dissolve the raspberry jelly in the boiling water. Once dissolved add the cold water. Pour the jelly mixture over the sponge squares and raspberries.
3. Place in a refridgerator and allow to set overnight for 6 – 12 hours.
4. In a saucepan mix the custard powder, sugar and 2 tbsp milk, on a medium heat add the rest of the milk stir and bring to the boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 2-3 minutes. Allow to cool.
5. Pour the custard over the top of the set jelly and leave to cool completely.
6. Top with whipped cream and decorate with several raspberries.
7. Serve into individual dishes.