Handcrafted In Britain | Fully Assembled | Your Own Expert Project Manager | Nationwide Delivery | 15 Year Guarantee | Established for 10 Years
Have fun making these colourful smarties cookies at home with the children one afternoon, a special treat for all the family to enjoy.
Makes 20 cookies
350g plain flour
1 tsp Bicarbonate of Soda
1 tsp baking powder
250g butter, softened
300g caster sugar
1 egg, beaten
1 tsp vanilla extract
4 boxes of Chocolate Smarties
1. Heat the oven 180C/fan 160C/gas 4.
2. Sift the plain flour, bicarbonate of soda, baking powder and a pinch of salt into a mixing bowl, then set a side.
3. Cream together the softened butter and caster sugar until pale and fluffy, then beat in the egg and vanilla extract.
4. Gradually beat in the sifted dry ingredients to form a stiff dough .
5. Roll the dough into 20 balls, then place on un-greased baking trays, space them well apart on the trays as they will expand while baking in the oven.
6. Press several coloured chocolate smarties on top of each of the cookies.
7. Bake for 15 minutes in the oven until pale golden brown.
8. When baked leave on the trays for 2 minutes then transfer onto wire rack to cool completely.
Can be stored in an airtight container for up to 5 days.