Handcrafted In Britain | Fully Assembled | Your Own Expert Project Manager | Nationwide Delivery | 15 Year Guarantee | Established for 10 Years
A nourishing delicious healthy Lentil soup recipe, so simple and easy to make, a perfect warm up for those cold and chilly days.
1 onion, chopped
4 carrots, coarsely grated
140 g dried red lentils
1 litre vegetable stock
100 ml milk
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp grond cumin
Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Freshly chopped parsley, to garnish
1. In a large pan add the olive oil and heat on a medium heat. Add the chopped onion and cook for 3-4 minutes until softened.
2. Stir in the coarsely grated carrots, dried red lentils, vegetable stock, milk and cumin and bring to the boil.
3. Reduce the heat and simmer gently for 15-20 minutes until the red lentils are cooked.
4. Puree and blend in a food mixer adding more water if desired.
5. Ladle the soup into bowls and sprinkle and garnish on top with fresh chopped parsley leaves.