Handcrafted In Britain | Fully Assembled | Your Own Expert Project Manager | Nationwide Delivery | 15 Year Guarantee | Established for 10 Years
Our friends over at Neff have created this simple yet tasty prawn cocktail salad recipe. Perfect for a BBQ or dinner party.
PRAWN COCKTAIL SAUCE
4 tbsp tomato ketchup
4 tbsp mayonnaise
½ tsp Worcestershire sauce
½ tsp lemon juice
Pinch of cayenne pepper
1 large or two small, ripe avocados
1 medium cucumber
10 mixed colour cherry tomatoes, chopped into quarters
250g cooked king prawns
3 radishes, finely sliced
6 tail-on cooked king prawns
1 slice brown bread, buttered and cut into quarters
1. In a small bowl, mix together the tomato ketchup, mayonnaise, Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice and cayenne pepper. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
2. Slice the avocados in half, remove the stone and scoop out the flesh. Chop the flesh into small chunks.
3. Use a vegetable peeler to peel long strips off the cucumber. You need 8-10 strips.
4. Take two 490ml Mason jars and divide the lettuce between them. Top with the tomatoes, followed by half the prawns, the cucumber strips, radish slices and chopped avocado. Top with the
remaining prawns and spoon two tbsp of sauce on top.
5. At this point you can place a lid on the jars and refrigerate for later (it should keep in the fridge for up to a day). If serving straight away, decorate each jar with 3 tail-on king prawns
and two triangles of bread (make a little slit in the bread so you can slide it on the rim of the jar).
Serve with extra prawn cocktail sauce.
Watch the video here.